Friday, June 9, 2017

NO VODKA GRAVLAX

I usually make Gravlax with Vodka on special 
occasion I decided to try a different liquor 
and see if the result are similar.

I will said I could not tell the difference
It has the same distinctive taste as the
original Vodka Gravlax recipe.

The liquor I decided to use was White Rum
and I guess I will continue I like the mild
yet buttery taste it gave to the salmon.

This is a simple procedure
to cure salmon with salt mixture,
if you were to buy Gravlax it will be pretty expensive.

I like the idea that I made it and know it was done
with love and I'm able to share.

I was very happy with the taste and waiting
period it takes to get to the right firmness of the fish,
Unless you prefer slightly lighter cure that takes two days.
My advice let it cure the time expected and mention on
the recipe to get the full effect of the taste of Gravlax.

NO VODKA GRAVLAX

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 Pounds Salmon Fillet, Skin On 
4 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
3 Tablespoon Sugar
2 1/2 Tablespoons Black Pepper
3/4 oz Fresh Dill Sprigs
2 Tablespoons White Rum
Saran Wrap (to wrap)

DIRECTIONS
In A Bowl Add Salt, Sugar, and Black Pepper
Mix Well Set Aside
In A Glass Baking Dish Place A Sheet of
Plastic Wrap, Sprinkle Half of The Salt Mixture 
1 Tablespoon of White Rum, Some Fresh Dill Sprigs, Add Salmon Skin Face Down
Add The Rest of Salt Mixture On Top Of Salmon, 
The 1 Tablespoon of White Rum, and Cover With The Rest of Fresh
Dill Sprig.
Tightly Wrap Well With The Plastic Wrap
Place Weight On Top of Salmon 
To Compress The Fish
Refrigerate and
 Each Day Turn Salmon
Over Replacing The Weight
A Good Amount of Liquid Will Accumulate
As The Salmon Cures
It Takes 3-4 Days For Salmon To Cure
It Will Look Opaque The Process Its That Simple.

GOOD TO KNOW
I Use A Cast Iron Bacon Press For Weight
But You Could Use Beans in a Glass Jar
Or Brick Wrap In Aluminum Foil
Anything Heavy Enough To Compress The Fish.

IMAGES

SALMON

DILL

PLASTIC WRAP

SALT MIXTURE
IT CONSIST
SALT. SUGAR. BlACK PEPPER



STEPS
White Rum
(I use Bacardi Brand)
You Could Use Any White Rum

Add Salt Mixture
and 1 Tablespoon White Rum

Dill Sprigs


Place Salmon Skin Face Down

Sprinkle With Salt Mixture
Add The Other 1 Tablespoon White Rum

The Rest Of  The Dill Sprigs

Wrap Tightly With Plastic Wrap

Place Weight To Compress The Fish


Let It Cure
Turning it Each Day
and Draining Excess Of Water
Takes 3-4 Days To Cure
Looks Opaque
Slice it Diagonal
Until You Get All Of It And All You
See Its The Skin
(Do Not Eat The Skin)

Does It Look Delicious







Serve How Ever You Like
This Its One Of The Way I Enjoy It
One  Hard Boil Egg Slice
Slices of Lemon
1 Tablespoon of Cream Cheese
1/4 Cherry Tomatoes Cut In Halves
1/4 Cucumber Slice







ALWAYS BEAUTIFY YOUR PLATE!!!





18 comments:

  1. This looks super delish!
    http://www.docdivatraveller.com/2017/06/anniversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seldom is such a dish in my house, though salmon is our fav. I love this way to salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much! Have a great weekend.


    Bloglovin
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is yummy although I don't eat fish.. looks healthy and perfect fr a weekend meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea gravlax is traditionally made with vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gravlax, my mum used to make it growing up. It's so delicious. Thanks for sharing your alternative recipe version here.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this recipe sounds really delicious. I never hear about gravlax, but I will give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good.
    Happy weekend.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it sound very delish
    new review on my blog Oily skin: remedies and products
    have an happy day, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never had gravlax before, but it reminds me of all the sushi I had while on vacation. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds absoutely delicious!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew what gravlax was. So this was quite interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    Keisha xo
    Thechrysalisgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the yummy treat anytime, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds superb!! Super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks so nice! Great recipe Jackie! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison